Feedbark and GDPR
Disclaimer: Feedbark does not provide legal advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and it is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for legal or compliance advice.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European privacy law that went into effect on May 25, 2018. The purpose of GDPR is to protect the private information of EU citizens and give them more control over their personal data. These data protection laws require businesses to process an individual’s personal data fairly and lawfully, allow individuals to exercise legal rights in respect of their personal data (for example, to access, correct or delete their personal data at any time), and ensure appropriate security protections are put in place to protect the personal data they process.
The GDPR applies to all businesses and individuals based in the EU and to those outside the EU that process the personal data of EU individuals. Personal data, as defined by the GDPR, is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes data that is obviously personal (such as a name or email address) as well as data that can be used to identify an individual indirectly (such as an IP address).
Our products and web properties are operated from Belgium.
Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in Ireland.
- What we collect and why
- What we don't collect
- How we store your data
- Where we store your data
- How we secure your data
Natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body authorized to process personal data under the direct authority of the controller or processor.
Feedbark as a Data Controller
Feedbark as a Data Processor
We have a lawful basis for the processing we do. We run privacy risk assessments whenever we need to make a significant change.
We process the following personal data on your behalf:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Referring website addresses
It is your responsibility as a data controller to ensure that any personally-identifying information you collect via our service is GDPR-compliant.
Feedbark is not to be used to collect:
- Children's personal information
- Personal health information
- Personal criminal history
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to obtain information about your personal data which we process.
- Right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect data or complete your personal data stored with us.
- Right to request the erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest or for establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, in so far as the accuracy of the data is contested by you.
- Right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or data portability right.
- Right to get information regarding who receives your data.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns about this policy, your data, or your rights with respect to your information?
Please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to answer them.
Feedbark is owned by Trampoline Software SRL.