We are committed to protecting your data and private information.
Feedbark is built and operated as a privacy-first company.
We make money from paying customers, we do not sell your data: never have, never will.
In this policy, we lay out: what data we collect and why; how your data is handled; and your rights to your data.
By accessing and using Feedbark ("Service"), you consent to the data practices described in this policy.
Effective date: 3/24/2023
What we collect and why
While using the Service, we typically ask for personal information including:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website and services.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- External PCI-compliant payment gateways ("Paddle", "Stripe") handle all credit card transactions, transactions and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number and as-of billing address, for account history, invoicing, and billing support.
- We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax due in the United States or VAT in the EU, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
We collect and geocode IP addresses to:
- Detect and restrict traffic from specific geographic regions.
- Detect and restrict traffic from specific IP addresses an address ranges.
- Detect and restrict traffic deemed harmful for any reason.
Website and server interactions
We collect information about your computer hardware and software to maintain service quality and to provide general website statistics.
This information includes but is not limited to the following:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Browser type
- Access times
- Visited pages
- Page load timings
- Language preferences
- Referring website addresses
From time to time, we may publish non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate.
A cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser to help it remember your login information, site preferences, and more.
You can adjust cookie retention settings in your own browser.
To learn more about cookies, including how to view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you write use with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future.
We also store any information you volunteer like surveys.
Sometimes when we do customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. We only do so if you give your express consent.
What we don't collect
We don't collect any characteristics of protected classifications including age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities.
We also don't collect any biometric data.
How we store your data
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
Where we store your data
Our products and web properties are operated from Belgium.
Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in Ireland.
By using the Service and providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
How we secure your data
Your data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Personal data is kept in a form that permits identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was processed.
External PCI-compliant payment gateways ("Paddle", "Stripe") handle all credit card transactions, transactions are not stored or processed on our servers.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Rights to your data
Although the Service owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Service's application, you retain all rights to your data.
Fair information practices
We will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify you via in-site notification within 7 business days.
Third party disclosure
We do not sell your personally-identifying information to third parties.
We may employ trusted third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how the Service is used.
These third parties have access to your personally-identifying information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third party links
The Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party site or service.
We do not specifically market or promote our services to children under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian, and you are aware that your child has provided us with personally-identifying information, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected personally-identifying information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to this policy
We will update this policy to comply with relevant regulations, reflect company and customer feedback.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy to be informed of how we protect your information.
Whenever we make a significant change this policy, we will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on the Service.
Changes to this policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns about this policy, your data, or your rights with respect to your information?
Please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com, and we'll be happy to answer them.
You can also contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information we have about you.
- Correct any information we have about you.
- Delete any information we have about you.
Feedbark is owned by Trampoline Software SRL.